Sleep Away Camp Tips
Very soon, I will be going to sleep away camp for 2 weeks and I thought I would share some tips I have gathered over my many camps I have been too.
A lot of the camp packing videos online are made by people who love camp. I am not in love with camping, so I try making my camp experience and area as much like my regular life and room as possible.
1. Bring Command Sticky Hooks – I have noticed that it is so useful to bring these hooks because they are so easy to put on and take off and it is great to be able to hang up some sweaters or towels so that it is easy to grab them and run out the door. It also makes life much easier that I don’t have to constantly fold those frequently used items.
2. Bring Comfy Sheets – It is very nice to be able to have comfy sheets or sheets like the ones you use at home. At home I have a duvet/comforter so I got a really cute floral print duvet from Ikea.
3. Bring a Small Mirror – I always bring a small mirror because they are easy to pack and so useful, especially if the bathrooms are not attached to your cabin at camp. At my camp they are, but it is so useful to not have to be constantly sharing a mirror with my cabin mates.
4. Bring a small fan – At my camp the cabin I was staying in was new and didn’t have proper installation yet so it would be cold at night and really hot during the day, so I was really happy to have a fan with me. Bring something that reminds you of home -
5. Bring something that reminds you of home - It's a little cheesey but I always bring all my favorite photos and hang them up on my bunk, also I love photography so it is nice to able to hang up my favorite photos I have taken.